Children Grades 1-6
The Children's Ministry at Fairview Baptist Church serves children in grades 1 - 6. Our goal is to make church a safe and nurturing environment where children are accepted and loved. We want to guide children to a knowledge and understanding of who Jesus is, to lead them toward a relationship with God and to learn how to live for Jesus in their everyday lives outside of church. Fairview offers several opportunities for children to learn about Jesus while developing relationships with their peers. We believe that every aspect of our services is important.
- SUNDAY SCHOOL- 9:00 a.m. Sunday School guides children toward a relationship with God through solid Bible teaching and application activities of each lesson.
- BIBLE DRILL & THRILLS - Kids learn Bible books and key verses in a competition format along with fun games. For 3rd-6th grade children with a church, area, state competition each Spring.
- EVENING WORSHIP & TEAM KID - 5:30 p.m. (Sunday night) Team Kid equips and disciples children in spiritual disciplines and helps guide them to an exciting and dynamic relationship with Jesus that extends beyond life inside the church building. Worship begins at 5:30 and Team Kids will be dismissed to clubs during evening worship.
- MISSION ORGANIZATIONS: RA's AND GA's Allow children to see the need to share their relationship with Jesus with other people through missions education and partcipation.RA’s and GA’s meet on Wednesday night from 6:10 p.m.-6:50 p.m. during the school year.
RA’s Royal Ambassadors is the mission education organization for boys in grades 1 - 6. Royal Ambassadors reaches boys for Christ and leads them to become ambassadors for Christ by developing biblical character and a mission heart.
GA’s Girls in Action® (GA®) is a WMU® missions organization for girls who are in grades 1-6. GA’s can help girls begin to develop spiritually towards a missions lifestyle as they learn what God is doing in the world and discover their place in God's plan.
- CHOIR Wednesday at 5:25pm-6:10pm during the school year
- WORSHIP SERVICES Sunday morning at 10:15am and Sunday evening 5:30pm
- PRAISE TIME
- MUSICAL PRESENTATIONS Model, teach and provide opportunities for children to express their love for God in praise, Children’s Choirs meet on Wednesday night from 5:25 p.m.6:10 p.m. during the school year.
- BACK-TO-SCHOOL BASH
- RA AND GA EVENTS
- CHILDREN'S CAMP
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
- CHRISTMAS PARTIES Allow time for fellowship, fun, and special activities and maintain relationships between parents, teachers, and children.
If you have questions about the children’s programs at Fairview, please contact:
- Carla Hensley Director of Childhood Ministries firstname.lastname@example.org
SEE ALL EVENTS